Tifft House

Main Street above Above Lafayette Square
(471 Main Street)

years built: 1865

demolished: 1903 (?)

The richer Renaissance forms of the mid-century came to maturity only in the building boom after the Civil War. The porte-cochere was added in the eighties. The foundation and some of the walls are now incorporated in Hengerer’s store.

Tifft House
Tifft House Now