174 Regiment Armory

Prospect Park, Connecticut Street

alternate names: Connecticut Street Armory

architect: Capt. Williams Lansing
Max G. Beierl
Issac G. Perry (State Architect)

owner: New York National Guard

years built: 1897-1899

demolished: N/A

The armories of the 1890s were the last Romantic pseudo-castles and pictorially among the most effective. The drill halls, with their broad trussed roofs, are usually hidden quite out of sight by the multitude of towers and turrets.

174th Regiment Armory
174th Regiment Armory Now

more buildings in this time period

buildings nearby