Adam, Meldrum & Anderson
396-408 Main Street
architect: Green and Wicks
(Edward Brodhead Green & William Sydney Wicks)
owner: AM&As, Bon-Ton Department Store (1994)
years built: 1867
demolished: 1960 (?)
Built as a hotel originally, this store has even richer, heavier, and more corrupt detail than the Tifft House. The cast iron piers on the ground floor are probably original. Interior supports in this period were frequently of cast iron as well.